What is Friends of Konza Prairie?
Friends of Konza Prairie (FOKP) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization dedicated to the support of Konza Prairie. As a member, your contributions are tax-deductible (less benefits received) and support Konza Prairie's education programs, facilities and trails.
What does FOKP do?
- Supports the Environmental Educator who develops educational programs for K-12 students and the general public, including the Docent Program, on prairie ecology and tallgrass prairie research and conservation.
- Supports education facility improvements, including hiking trail maintenance.
- Markets Konza Prairie merchandise to raise funds for our education programs.
- Provides educational presentations about Konza Prairie to local organizations, through the FOKP Presenter's Bureau.
- Sponsors special events at Konza Prairie throughout the year, such as:
- Annual Wildflower Walk on Butterfly Hill in June
- Fall Bison Barbecue Potluck at the Annual Meeting of members in September
- Winter Event and soup buffet in January
- Invitations to special speakers
We encourage you to share our brochure with family and friends.
FOKP brochure (pdf format, 3.12 MB)